The popularity of resin driveways has increased among homeowners in Stoke-on-Trent. Opting for a resin driveway installation can enhance the appearance of your current driveway and offer a more contemporary surface for daily use.
Resin paving material is an ideal choice for properties in Stoke-on-Trent because of its versatility, strength, durability, and ability to provide a flat and even surface.
What is a Resin Driveway?
Resin-bound driveways are a mixture of aggregate stones and resin, used for driveways and footpaths. The system is mixed on site and cold applied, using a high-quality clear resin binder to coat the aggregate particles prior to laying.
As a result, a resin-bound driveway is more durable and requires less maintenance – it needs to be swept or power washed at least twice a year, to avoid the buildup of detritus and prevent the growth of moss or algae.
Resin-bound driveways are a fully permeable solution which allows water to freely drain through the surface. Meeting the requirements of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) standards, this helps to prevent standing water and largely eliminates surface water runoff.
Resin Bound versus Resin Bonded
Unlike resin-bonded surfacing, where a thin layer of resin is applied to the surface and then the aggregate scattered on top (which can then become loose over time and is impermeable), resin and aggregates are thoroughly mixed together prior to laying, ensuring that the aggregate is completely coated and so providing a totally bound surface.
Benefits of Resin Driveways
- Resin driveways are quick to install, with minimal disruption.
- They provide a smooth surface that is non-slip, even in wet conditions.
- Resin bound aggregates will not be affected by frost or snow and can last up to ten times longer than conventional paving methods.
- The porous nature of resin bound driveways allows water to drain away quickly and effectively, reducing the risk of flooding.
- The decorative finish also means your driveway will be aesthetically pleasing as well as practical; creating an attractive feature for your property.
- Maintenance is minimal – no need for weeding or re-surfacing like other paving methods, all you need to do is keep it clean and free from debris
Resin Driveways Colours
There are various aggregate colours available for you to choose from including bronzes, golds, greys, and whites. You can customise the look of your Stoke-on-Trent driveway or decorative paved area by using mixed aggregates to achieve a unique style.
Whatever colour scheme you decide upon, our resin bound surface will guarantee a long lasting and resilient result.
Why Choose M&M Driveways
We are experienced professionals with years of experience and expertise in this field, and our team of expert installers will guarantee you get a reliable, long-lasting resin driveway that is both aesthetically pleasing and highly functional.
Contact Us Today
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding our services and pricing. We have a team of experienced professionals who are happy to assist you.